Introduction to Python
Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language. Python is designed to be highly readable. It uses English keywords frequently where as other languages use punctuation, and it has fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
Python is Interpreted: Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter. You do not need to compile your program before executing it. This is similar to PERL and PHP.
Python is Interactive: You can actually sit at a Python prompt and interact with the interpreter directly to write your programs.
Python is Object-Oriented: Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
Python is a Beginner's Language: Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to web applicationvto game development.
Who use python?
As mentioned above, it is a widely used programming language. Some of the places where python is used are :
- Google - Python is one of the key language used in google.
- Quora - Quora also chose python for its development
- Instagram - Instagram also uses python for its backend
- YouTube - We all love youtube and and youtube loves using python
- DropBox - Dropbox allows us to store, sync, and share almost anything using the power of Python.
- Pinterest - Pinterest is a visual discovery tool that allows users to showcase their interests through the posting of pictures.
Python is One line program
print "Hello World"
Install python Windows
- Download python from python.org/downloads
- Install it and Run.
Install python Linux
The latest versions of CentOS, Fedora, Redhat Enterprise (RHEL) and Ubuntu come with Python 2.7 out of the box.
Python Recommended IDE
- gEdit inbuilt python console.
- IDLE is not an IDE but Python GUI
- One can also use "Notepad++, Atom by github" etc.,
Once Python and IDE all in your computer, try One line program of python mentioned above.